The event was 'Meet The Devgns' as in Mr. and Mrs. Devgan, yes, Ajay and Kajol- the famous and much-loved actor and actress reel-to-real life couple of the Hindi film industry. As they toured USA to promote their home production, Shivaay, the power couple of the industry made a quick and first time stop at Dallas on Thursday, September 22nd, 2016. Shivaay, scheduled to be a Diwali release stars Ajay Devgan in lead role, and is directed and produced by the super talented hero himself. The event offered an excellent meet-and-greet over luncheon opportunity for the attendees apart from the press conference with Ajay and Kajol. Event was hosted in the beautiful penthouse on the 28th floor of the W Hotel Residences.
Members of the media from Dallas and nearby areas were invited. Also in attendance was the Indian NBA recruit Satnam Singh who made an appearance during the later part of the event. The organizers, Jingo Media team, the host- Dr. Bharat Sangani and his wife, Anita Sangani, some close friends, a few board-members from local branches of organizations like Akshaya Patra, and the life-time members of DFWSAFF (DFW South Asian Film Festival) were among the audience.
THE PRESS CONFERENCE:
The Devgans arrived rather late due to technical problems with the charter plane. But the couple were worth the wait. They walked in after the Shivaay trailer and the two newly released songs ("DARKHAAST" in the voice of Arijit Singh & Sunidhi Chauhan, and "BOLO HAR HAR HAR", the title Song) were played for the media and guests.
What did they talk about as they fielded various questions from the media-
- Shivaay, their 2nd home production (first one was U Me Aur Hum from 2008), was not a deliberate attempt at giving an international look, the script/ story led it to be what it is.
- The hardest part about the production for the entire crew was filming in negative temperatures, braving the extreme cold high up in the Bulgarian mountains.
- About directing himself, Ajay said it was about discipline. Kajol added that it requires a certain temperament that Ajay possesses.
- Explaining his character, Ajay said that even though the film is not a religious movie, the film is inspired by the characteristics of Lord Shiva and his character portrays many negative aspects of Shiva (the Hindu God of destruction).
- On their relationship, Kajol said that with Ajay's busy schedules, she does the balancing act.
- Kajol pointedly said she has no intention of becoming a director.
Over his career span, Ajay has played all kinds of role- from a simpleton husband to one who strays, from comedy to action. Now Shivay seems to be that perfect next step where a Hindi movie seems to scale large heights to be at par with a Hollywood production. The sets, locations and stunts are all awe-inspiring. The cast, largely international also, intrigue you. Yes, this one seems to be a must-watch-at-the-theater flick.